Sunday, January 31, 2010

It is February. My favorite month. I turn 22 in 9days. I feel old. It is also my best girl Perla's b-day( She is exactly a week older.)

I have been doing some crafts lately and I am so excited to show them. Awhile ago I bought this cute stand to decorate my cabinets. I wanted to put fake food on them. So I decided to make fake cupcakes. I used Plaster of Paris to fill the liners.

Then took half of a Styrofoam ball to make the mound



Painted it so it looks like chocolate



Then used light weight spackling tinted blue to look like frosting.



Topped them off to add too it



Voila!!!




My mom, Crystal, and I took the Wilton Cake Decorating class at Joann's'. It was a lot of fun learning how to make the Wilton Rose and spending time with my family. We went insane trying to do the Rose. Good Times.





One of my Valentine's Day craft.( The middle one says sweet.)




Shawn has been working on his own projects. He is going to be making kayak with the young men so he is trying to make the 'mold'.


Plus he has made planters so we can grow a garden.

1 comment:

ANDERSONS said...

I love your fake cupcakes, they are super cute!