Thursday, January 15, 2009

So what has happened...Well Shawn and I got a calling in our new ward. I got called to the sunbeams and Shawn gets to be the Webelos leader. He is excited to teach the boys everything an ten year old should not know. I on the other hand already messed up my first day by not knowing that I was in charge of the lessons. But I have learned that a four year old will forgive you very easily if you have snacks and crayons. I have to transition them from playing with toys for an hour to sitting reverently in primary instead. Which is harder than it sounds. I mean lets face it, which one would you rather be doing?
Last Saturday, Shawn and I signed up to feed the missionaries. Shawn made a fabulous 3 course meal. It consisted of Pumpkin Bisque Soup, Lamb, and Turtle bars. It turned out great considering it was all experimental. But the really great news is that we were able to eat in our kitchen. We have fully a functional Kitchen, Living Room, and Bedroom. We are getting there with our house. 3 down, 3 rooms to go!!!!


Last night my family went to Lion King. It was better than I remember. The costumes alone are enough reason to go and see it. Shawn was a little skeptical at first but he really enjoyed it as well. It was so funny to see my little niece Tannon dancing to "I'm Gonna be a Mighty King".

3 comments:

ANDERSONS said...

Love the new blog background! Ok so David and I need to come see your house, I have only the outside but it was dark outside, so let us know when we can come by.

Katy said...

Ah Michelle, as a couselor in our ward's primary I must say, we LOVE sunbeam teachers! Yay for you! Seriously. You'll have a blast. That age group is so dang cute.

amy mo said...

Nice new look for your blog! What an adorable little picture of you two too.

Oh, & I saw Lion King too! But I went Thursday. It was awesome! Timon & Pumba? Hilarious.