Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wishes Do Come True.

Yes it has finally happened.
Emma Raelynn Burk has come into the world!
She did so in her own remarkable way.
She was born October 17, 2010 at 2:07am
Weighing in at 7lbs 5oz
21.3 in long(Tall and Skinny)
Here is the story(edited):
Saturday the 16Th I woke up and had a horrible pain. I had them all day when I moved around.
They got worse around 5pm. We had tickets to a comedy show that night that Shawn didn't want to miss. I was having contractions the whole time. They were lasting for more than a minute but they were like 10min apart.
We got home and decided to go on a walk to help the pain. Of course that only made it worse. We called the Dr about 10pm. I told them my contractions were really hurting. He told me to head to the hospital. I was so nervous about getting turned away so we took our time. We get there and I got checked about 11:30. Amazingly I was 5cm. So I was admitted. I called my parents to tell them. They said they would come down to give me a blessing. But they took their time.
They took me to labor and delivery and started an IV on me to give me fluids. They ran it full blast so they could give me the epidural. While laying there I felt this gush of warm fluid. Yes, my water had finally broken. The anesthesiologist came in. He had a hard time getting the epidural to take. He finally did it. My Dr came in to check me. He jokingly said, "Lets see if you are a 9." he checks. "Uhhh...No joke, you are dilated to a 9." By that time it was about 1:30am. He left to go change.
The epidural was not working. I was still in horrendous agony. I felt alot of pressure so I started to push slightly. The nurses were moving around getting things ready in a hurry. My dr came back and got ready too. They told me some stuff about pushing. I was so upset because the epidural wasn't working and I wanted the drugs. By that time my parents showed up. My mom stayed in the room to comfort but nothing would help me.
I pushed a little and in no time she was out. Everything happened so fast and I was in so much pain that I just cringe remembering it. It is nice that it all happened in 2 1/2hrs. She was in a hurry to get out.

The Proud daddy. Who is an expert at swaddling.

Emma is an amazing baby. She is so alert and so beautiful. She looks around all the time for hours. I can't believe that this little girl was inside me. I love her so much already.

Thank you everyone for all the love and support we have recieved. I know we couldn't have done it without you.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Yay!! Well, yay for the baby. Not a yay for pain...sorry you had to go through that. But you conquered! What a beautiful little girl!

ANDERSONS said...

she is so cute, I cant wait to hold her again, I am just such a lucky aunt to have Krew and Emma!