Thursday, May 14, 2009

Island vacation

This week Shawn and I took a much needed vacation. For months we have been planning our island getaway. Saturday we left Winston with my parents for the week and drove to California where we spent the night on the beach. It was so nice. We spent that afternoon watching the new X-men movie. We got up early Sunday morning and took The Catalina Express over to the beautiful island. It was so much fun.
Avalon

We spent the rest of Sunday walking about the City of Avalon. We did find a new religion that sound very interesting.Monday we went snorkeling in Lover's Cove.


We took all of our own snorkel gear. It was so fantastic seeing this underwater world. We took as many pictures as we could.






Fish that we saw while snorkeling

Tuesday morning we went para sailing. It was cool because I could see everywhere. It wasn't too scary either. Tuesday afternoon we rented a kayak and glided around stopping at beaches to explore the beautiful area. Wednesday we took our bikes that we brought with us and rode around. We spent the rest of the day shopping. We decided to decorate our bathroom with a beach theme. So we bought a bunch of shells and starfishes. We even bought a blow fish. The weather was so perfect. Amazingly I didn't even get sunburned, which is hard for me and my white skin. We took the boat back that night. We got back into town today. I already miss the 60 degree weather over there

1 comment:

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

oh that sounds so relaxing! Tanner and I our planning a similar vaca! Yours makes me so excited!